Ahh! This event's already over!
CLICK HERE to find other great events!
*IN BEST OF BIRMINGHAM'S EVENT LISTINGS GUIDE*
Event Listing Info:
Date(s) - 05/08/2023
Location / Link:
Get ready to wave your Jamaican flag, as The Jerk Festival presents the biggest music and street food day-to-night show that will have you eating, dancing and drinking Guinness Punch all day long. Now in its third year, The Jerk Festival is proud to present a colourful celebration for Birmingham.
BRUNCH AND HIP HOP//R&B BRUNCH// THROWING IT BACK BRUNCH DJS AND MCS// FREE FACE PAINTING FOR KIDS//FREE RETRO ARCADE GAMES TO PLAY// FREE WHISTLES AND HORNS FOR FIRST 100 PPL//TOP CARIBBEAN & BBQ JERK TRADERS//RUM PUNCH//GUINNESS PUNCH//JAMAICAN BEER//RUM BAR// ROOFTOP GARDEN PARTY// MAIN MUSIC STAGE// OUTDOOR EATING AREA AND A CLOSING EVENING CLUB NIGHT.
Carnival tastes and vibes brace Birmingham soil on SATURDAY 5 AUGUST as The Jerk Festival fires out a super-sharp music festival celebrating 61 years of Independence, the Jamaica Independence Day Festival is jam-packed with top music, delicious Caribbean Street Food and UK’s biggest BBQ Jerk Traders and more.
The annual Jerk Festival will be back in 2023, what better way to bring the whole community together with a day-to-night party championing Island empowerment, taste, sounds and happiness. Doused down with a few Rum Cocktails, a swigger and swag to some great music, top DJs flipping out the best Caribbean carnival sounds, throw in some 80’s retro arcade games, free face-painting for the young ones and say hello to the region’s biggest Island party!
The Main Bar will be serving the best Rum Punch, Guinness Punch and Jamaican Beer and more but the star of the show will be the endless selection of amazing Street Food dishes cooked up by the very best Caribbean chefs and BBQ Jerk Traders, the day will be a feast of abundant tasty flavours, perfect on a hot Summer’s day!
But it doesn’t stop there, once the kids go home come 7pm – 10pm the party steps up (over 18’s only) to present the ultimate Jamaica Independence Closing Club Night expect everything from Dancehall, Hip-Hop, Trap, Grime, Afrobeat, Swingbeat, Dub Reggae, Roots Rock Reggae, Ragga, Revival Reggae, Lovers Rock, Soca, Calypso, RNB and more will be dropped! This after-party will be on fire!
With free whistles and horns given out to the first 100 people, The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival will be a day to remember.
The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival, Saturday 5 August 1pm – 10pm.
VENUE: The Mill, 29 Lower Trinity St. Digbeth. B9 4AG
Terms and Conditions – Important Information:
• 1-7pm all ages welcome, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. From 7pm to 10pm this becomes an over 18s event.
If attending with family, children under the age of 18 will not be able to attend the evening part of the festival from 7pm – 10pm (over 18s only).
• Dishes and flavours to be announced on our social media pages and website when possible leading up to the event.
• Ticket is for entry only, food and drink to be purchased separately.
• All dishes are the standard service and specific dietary requirements cannot be catered for at the event; please check with each vendor for more information.
• Please read Taste and Liquor’s Full Terms & Conditions and Need to Know Information http://www.tasteandliquor.com/need-to-know-infomation-and… before purchasing your tickets or paying at the door by clicking here. By buying tickets in advance or paying at the door you have agreed to our full terms and conditions.
• Please note that photography and filming will occur on the day/evening and will feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
• Please note that the venue has the right to refuse entry.
• This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
Dress Code: None
Age Limits: N/A